- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons (71 grams) unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup (120 ml, 4 fl oz) milk, cold
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces (115 grams) brie cheese, broken into pieces
- 4 ounces (115 grams) fresh blueberries
- Milk or lightly beaten egg, for wash
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and use a pastry cutter or knife to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until butter is roughly the size of small peas (some will be larger, others smaller).
- Combine the milk and beaten egg and add to the bowl. Stir until the mixture comes together into a sticky dough. Add the blueberries and brie pieces and fold in gently until incorporated. Pat out dough on a lightly floured surface to about and inch thick. Cut into triangles or rounds.
- Place on the prepared sheet pan and brush with a lightly beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake until golden, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the pan and then serve immediately.