Wraps are just as easy to eat on the run, if not more so, and still offer the same health benefits that a traditional sandwich does. Plus, wraps can hold many ingredients and are also versatile, allowing for myriad flavor combinations.
We have for you 3 Blueberry Wrap Recipes
Blueberry Basil Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbs. toasted sliced almonds
Combine yogurt, basil, salt and pepper in bowl until blended.
Add chicken, blueberries, celery and scallions and toss until evenly coated.
Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter and top with chicken mixture, dividing evenly between lettuce leaves.
Sprinkle with almonds.
Makes 4 servings.
Yield: 4 cups chicken mixture; ½ cup chicken per lettuce leaf; 2 lettuce leaves per serving
Amount Per Serving
Saturated Fat 2g
Vitamin C 14mg
1 cup Original Bisquick®
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice
lemon cream Filling (below)
3/4 cup fresh blueberries (approximately)
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peels
1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1. Heat griddle or skillet grease if necessary.
2. Stir all ingredients except Lemon Cream Filling and blueberries until blended. For each wrap, pour 2 tablespoons batter onto hot griddle, spreading each to make about 6-inch circle. Cook until tops are slightly dry. Turn and cook until bottoms are golden brown cool.
3. Make Lemon Cream Filling. Spread about 2 tablespoons filling onto center of each wrap. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon blueberries roll up.
Lemon Cream Filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream
Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy. Stir in sugar and lemon peel set aside. Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
High Altitude (3500 to 6500 feet): Use 3/4 cup milk.
Nutrition Facts: 1 Serving: Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 115) Fat 13g (Saturated 7g) Cholesterol 65mg Sodium 350mg Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g) Protein 5g % DAILY VALUE: Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 8% Iron 4%
Blueberry Dessert Wraps
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1-1⁄2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) light or lowfat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare sauce in a small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch
- Stir in orange juice
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is clear and thickened, about 5 minutes
- Stir in 1 cup blueberries
- Return to a boil
- Boil and stir for 1 minute
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese until light
- Add confectioners sugar and vanilla
- Beat until smooth and creamy
- Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture
- Place about 6 frozen blueberries across the center of each tortilla
- Roll jelly-roll style
- In a medium skillet
, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat
- Place half of the wraps seam side down in skillet and cook turning occasionally until evenly browned, about 3 minutes
- Repeat with remaining butter and wraps
- Serve topped with hot blueberry sauce