- 2 c all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c cold butter, cubed + 2 tbsps, melted
- 1 tbsp (dry) chamomile tea flowers
- 1 c buttermilk
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp raw sugar for topping, optional
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat to 450 degrees F. Add melted butter to a cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Pulse first five ingredients in a food processor until thoroughly combined. Scatter cold butter over mixture and pulse 10-12 times to break down butter into small pea-sized pieces.
- Add buttermilk and chamomile. Pulse until dough clumps together on one side, scraping down sides as needed. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Drop 12 even scoops of the dough (about 3 tablespoons each) into the cast iron skillet, and sprinkle with the raw sugar. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.