- Calories 146
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 10 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Sodium 75 mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 260-g pkg cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg, divided
- 1 1/2 cups jumbleberry jam
- coarse sugar, optional
- WHIRL flour, butter and salt in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add cream cheese and egg yolk. Pulse just until dough starts to form a ball. Divide dough into 2 portions. Shape each into a flat disc, then cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 1/2 hours.
- PREHEAT oven to 375F. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12 × 12-in. square, about 1/4 in. thick. Cut into 24 3-in. circles. Gently push rounds into a 24-cup mini- muffin pan, pressing along the bottom, then up the sides until pastry is slightly over the rim. Gather and re-roll dough scraps to 1/4 in. thick. Cut into 1-in. stars (or other shapes) using a cutter.
- FILL each dough cup with 2 tsp jam. Lay star cut-outs on jam. Brush edges and stars with reserved egg white, then sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- BAKE in centre of oven until tops are brown, 25 to 30 min. Let stand 10 min, then remove tarts from pan.