Blueberries are the hallmark of the summer season. We bring you delightful blueberry recipes to make the most of blueberries that people of all ages can enjoy at any time of the day.
#1. Blueberry Smoothie
Perfect for breakfast, this smoothie is nutritious, luscious and creamy.
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp flax seeds and/or ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 ½ cup frozen bananas (after peeling and chopping them into ½” slices)
- 1 ½ cup frozen blueberries
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until nice and smooth.
- Add water to adjust consistency, if needed.
- Divide into two glasses before serving.
#2. Blueberry Popsicles
Beat the heat with these delicious popsicles!
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 5 cups blueberries
- Blend all the ingredients using a blender until thick and creamy. Strain using a fine sieve
, pressing with a spatula to release as much liquid as you can; discard the solids. Add water if required to yield 3 cups.
- Divide among 10 moulds, insert wooden sticks and freeze them until solid or for 3-4 hours. To remove
, dip the bottom of the mould in warm water for 3-4 seconds.
#3. Blueberry Waffles
Fluffy and crisp, these waffles will leave you wanting more!
- 300 g blueberries
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- In a bowl, combine together the sugar, baking powder, salt and flour. Add eggs and milk and stir to mix well. Add almond and vanilla extract, vanilla and melted butter. Stir again.
- Add the blueberries and pour the mixture into the hot waffle maker. Cook as usual (until lightly browned).
- Drizzle maple syrup before serving.
#4. Strawberry-Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
A rich, creamy smoothie bowl that will help you feel full for longer.
- 1 tbsp almonds, sliced and toasted
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries, divided usage
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- ⅓ cup pomegranate or blueberry juice
- Combine together avocado
, yoghurt, juice and half of the blueberries using a blender. Blend for 15 seconds before adding ice and blending for another 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and decorate the top with strawberries, almonds and half of the blueberries.
Don’t forget to share your favourite blueberry recipe.
About the Author: Shristi Patni
Shristi is a content writer and owner of F and B Recipes. She enjoys writing about Intuitive Counseling and Spiritual Mind Treatment. Formerly the Chief Content Officer at Raletta, she is currently working on her second cookbook.